Serving size: Makes 20-24 balls.
- 2 cups dates (pitted)
- 2 cups almonds or mixed nuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut (1/4 cup for mixture, ½ cup for rolling)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk or water
1. Put dates, nuts, cocoa power, ¼ cup of coconut and sea salt in food processor and process until the mixture ressembles bread crumbs.
2. Add vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of nut milk. Process until mixture holds together when squeezed into a ball. If it doesn’t do this, add 1 more tbsp of nut milk.
3. Put desiccated coconut on a plate. Roll mixture into balls with your hands. Roll each ball in the desiccated coconut. Ready to eat.
Notes: Store for up to a week in a sealed container.
Allergy advice: Contains nuts.